Saturday, October 22, 2005

Lunch at Ariake, San Francisco, CA

Ariake is my favorite sushi joint in the city. Sushi Chef Jin serves up the freshest fish at a reasonable cost. The decor is simple, befitting its place as a neighborhood restaurant in its (a bit-out-of-way) Richmond location. If I'm coming with a big group, I'll ask Jin to serve up 'whatever is fresh' at half portions (so one piece of nigiri instead of two per person). Today, however it was just us, so I ordered some of my favorites, for a total of about $60.

Seaweed Salad
Although I have never had a truly bad seaweed salad, this one has a particularly delicate flavor.

Seafood Salad
Jin changes up what's in this everytime, but it's always good. A combination of fish, roe and vegetables

Hamachi, Mango and Asparagus Roll
This was one of the specials today. Although I have had better sushi rolls at Ariake's, the melding of the sweet-sour mango flavor with the fish and spicy sauce was quite good.

Sashimi of Sake, Hamachi and Kanpachi

Tataki (white tuna salad
Lightly seared, thin, tuna slices with very thin lemon slices, micro-greens and roe. Very refreshing.


Ratings:
Food: 2
Decor: 1
Service: 1

Website

Health Code Violations

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?