Saturday, November 19, 2005

Dinner at Potluck Pre-Thanksgiving party

Some friends of ours had a Pre-Thanksgiving Potluck. Thanksgiving food has never been my favorite, and, to say the least, this potluck did not change my mind.


Ham, turkey and several amorphous and inedible casseroles.
The ham was good, the turkey was moist, the casseroles were bad (far too mushy and they all tasted of cream of mushroom soup).

Zuchinni Bread
This was a bit dry, but the flavor was just like Grandma's.

Hummous with pita chips and celery.
This was our contribution to the potluck. I didn't have any tahini at home so I attemped to substitute it with a combination of sesame seeds and sesame oil. It worked fairly well. I think next time I will use just the sesame seeds, no oil...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?