Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Lunch at Fog City Diner, San Francisco, CA

Somewhat of a San Francisco icon, the Fog City Diner offers up higher end diner fare. The menu includes a cold and raw bar, several modern takes on the sandwich and a variety of asian fusion appetizers. We noticed today that the menu had changed a bit since last time, both in content and font.



Tuna Tartare $8
The tuna was fresh and the soy marinade really let the flavor of the tuna and avocado shine through. Although we could do without the cripy wonton, the extra-thin slices of cucumber and radish offer a nice contracting texture.




Grilled Skirt Steak $23
I found it odd, when my plate was presented to me, that my steak had a dollop of ketchup on top. It was only after I tasted the first bite sans dollop, that I realized the steak had not been marinated, or even salted. Thus, this ketchupy sauce was need for flavor. That being said, the meat was quite tender. Alexis substituted the fries for green beans with garlic, which were wuite good, and Giao got the fries but didn't eat them.


Ratings:
Food: 1
Service: 0
Decor: 1

Website
Health Code Violations

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?