Sunday, November 23, 2008

Crepes with Nutella and Strawberries


I used to make crepes all the time in college; sweet crepes, savory crepes, all sorts. I haven't made them in a while because we try to not eat too much in the way of refined carbs. However, we were having our neighbors over for brunch, and I've sort of thrown all eating restrictions out the window during this pregnancy, so I decided that crepes would be the perfect bunch food. These were as good as I remembered, and I am still very good at making perfectly round crepes.

-2 tb melted butter
-1 egg
-1 cup flour
-1 1/2 cups milk
-pinch salt

Whisk all the ingredients together and let sit for about 20 minutes. You want a really thin batter, but one that still stays together. I usually start out with 1 cup of milk and then keep adding a little at a time until I get the right consistency. In a large frying pan, melt a bit of butter over medium high. Place about 1/2 a ladel's worth of batter in the center of the hot, buttered pan and quickly smooth out the batter in outward concentric circles starting at the center until you have a thin, perfectly round crepe. When you can see that the edges are beginning to brown in the slightest (about 30 seconds), flip the crepe. After about 15 seconds flip the crepe out onto a plate and continue the process until all of the batter is gone. Spread with nutella, fold in half and then in half again and top with fresh strawberries.

Labels: ,


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?